It seemed a shame not to involve Bruce Goff
in this website somehow.
Here's a photo of him at work in his
studio in 1962 with his cat, Chiaroscuro (previously owned by
- Tulsa Club Building
- This building was one of Bruce Goff's early projects.
- Modern Landmarks
- This list of modern houses built in Houston between
1950 and 1975 includes a picture of a house built for
Mr. and Mrs. Robert Durst by Bruce Goff in 1960.
- The UnOfficial Bartlesville, OK Home Page
- Goff lived and worked in Bartlesville, Oklahoma
from 1956 to 1964. Read
about the current-day town on this web page.
- The following images (except for the interior view of the
door of the Price Studio) were taken (without permission)
from the book "Bruce Goff:Toward Absolute Architecture"
by David G. DeLong, MIT Press (1988).
- Bavinger House
- The Eugene Bavinger house, near Norman Oklahoma, 1950.
plan showing lower levels.
While this looks like a drawing out of a fantasy-land story, the
house was really built as you can see in this
- Crystal Chapel
- If this chapel reminds you of the Air Force Academy, that's because
it served as the inspiration for the Academy's chapel. Here's
a photo of a
model of the chapel.
- The Price Studio
- This house built for Joe Price has some spectacular interior
had elaborate stained glass designs. Here are
- Watercolor Paintings
- Here is
painting by Goff.
Back to the ArtsWeb